Over the last few years, the Racing Insider team has been travelling to watch different horse and greyhound races, looking for trustable sites where to bet on our favourite sports and giving you the best news about the best races, tips and advice on how to manage your money via different payment methods accepted by the best bookies and exchanges. More than a job, this is the way we like to live and that is why we spend so much time bringing the best site for you to look at horse and greyhound racing. Having said this, we want you to be part of this journey of fun and take the betting world as one of your hobbies and not an addiction. Responsible gaming is a serious topic and we all need to make sure that we are on the safe side of it.
In a few words, responsible gaming, also known as responsible gambling, means to play and bet in a safe, secure, and fun way, avoiding any type of negative consequence or irresponsible betting style. In order to accomplish this practice, we just need to make sure we know the difference between both sides of the coin and follow simple rules that comply with gambling responsibly every single time we want to make a bet.
The basic parameters you need to follow to enjoy the betting world are mentality, knowledge, money, and time. This might sound too deep and shuffling, so we prepared a small list of things you have to keep in mind to gamble responsibly:
– Play and bet for fun, like a hobby, not because you need money or you want to avoid a problem.
– Take into consideration that gambling can lead both to win and lose money.
– The multiple betting options are carefully designed, so the chances of winning big amounts of money with a small risk are unlikely to happen.
– Assign a defined amount of money for your bets. This works like all the needs you have in your life; The same way you take money for your food, bills, clothes, etc., you must take money to have fun while betting. Do not compromise the money you have to cover other needs.
– Do not follow or try to recover your losses as the odds of losing money will always be the same.
– Set a limit time for gambling. Just like you assign a definite amount of money for playing, do the same with the time you take for betting.
– Do not let the gambling affects or make distance between you and your friends and family.
– Avoid gambling during difficult economic or emotional times, as self-control can be more sensitive and it might lead to irresponsible gaming.
Gambling is not an easy way to make money and luck does not work as we believe it does. There are simply odds and the chances between winning and losing are the same – 50% for each. Many people will say they have a lucky number, the perfect strategy or the knowledge to beat a certain slot but those are nothing else than myths. The reality is that gambling must be just another hobby and not a way to solve your financial problems.
If you think you have a problem with gambling or know someone who might have it, there are tons of free websites where you can get help about responsible gambling. Most of them are confidential and anonymous in case you don’t want to share it with everyone. Be part of responsible gaming, promote a balanced style of play and most importantly, have fun!